In 2017 we celebrated the 60th Anniversary of the rededication of St Laurence Church following bomb damage on 13th August 1944.
Celebrations included a flower festival, church service, rounders match and buffet lunch in the churchyard.
The inscription on the ‘Trades’ window reads:
This ancient parish Church of St Laurence was grievously damaged by a German flying bomb which fell in the churchyard on August 13th 1944.
It was rededicated to the service of God by Geoffrey Francis Fisher, Archbishop of Canterbury, on June 23rd 1957